Story Station operates www.story-station.co.uk. At Story Station we take our responsibility in respect of the confidentiality and security of data very seriously. As such, this privacy notice outlines how we treat your personal data when you use this website, if you subscribe to our book club and when you purchase any of our products or services.
If you do not want your information to be collected and used as described below, you may revoke your consent at any time using the contact details below.
Our contact details
Main point of contact for Data Protection Officer: Natalie Pittock
Email address: [email protected]
Phone Number: 07764 800 249
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have subscribe to our book club
- You have bought one of our products or services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting using the contact details listed above.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to send you our newsletter if you have subscribed. Will may also update you on new products which we release if you have subscribed.
We will use your address to send you any products you have purchased from our website. Some of our products are handled by a third party for distribution so we will share the information required for this purpose. Third parties will not store your data.
We will not share your information with any other organisations.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on an a secure excel spread sheet on a secure laptop.
We keep names, email addresses and home addresses personal information] for two years. We will then dispose your information by deleting them from our spread sheet.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us using the contact detail listed above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113